
This book is based in early 20th century China. Adeline was always cursed by her siblings and family as bad luck becuase her mother died a week after she was born, they said that if it werent for her, their mother would still be alive. Adeline in miserable at home, but at school, she felt comfortable becuase her classmates treated her fairly, and with respect, unlike at home. Her step mother, Niang showed preference for her own children and treats Adeline worse than their family dog. She develops a close bond with Aunt Baba, her mothers best friend and her father's sister. She was always top of the class and was always winning prestigeous awards for writing. She only does it becuase she hopes that one day her father can truly be proud of her....I like this book becuase it shows anyone can do anything if they really set their mind to it, just like Adeline did.
1 comment:
Ohh, I have this book too. The first time I saw this book, I just knew that I have to buy it and read it. Because it sounds soooo good.
Post a Comment