Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Love of a King-Book Chellenge

The Love Of A King-By. Peter Dainty
This book is the true story of King Edward VIII.
King Edward VIII was born in 1894. His father King George V, was a tall, cold man who did not like children. His mother Queen Mary and his father King George V always said " Why does Edward talk so much? a child should be silent and strong!" As you can see, Edward was a lonely child who didn't recieve his parents' love much. So when he grew up all he wanted was to marry a woman who he loves and who can love him forever. When Edward grew up he's been to alot of wars and 45 countries to explore. He said "I saw the blood and the noise of war"
In Autumn of 1930, Edward went to Lady Furness's house with his friends. That's when he saw Mrs.Wallis Simpson. She was a beautiful lady who was always smiling and who had eyes full of passion. Edward and Mrs.Wallis Simpson became a great friends. The time went and their friendship changed to love. Edward asked her to marry him but she said no. Mrs.Wallis Simpson was married to a cruel man who won't divorce her. Her cruel husband usually was a nice man but when he was drunk, he always beat her up and made her unhappy. Edward felt angry and sad. Then he found a way to make him to divorce her and then, finally Mrs.Wallis became Ms.Wallis. They felt happy but soon they realized that there was a BIG problem. The BIG problem was Edward's parents and his family. Edward's family were NOT happy with them at all. They all disagreed with their marriage. But they loved each other soooooooooo much that they didn't care what his family says. One stormy morning, King Edward VIII returned to Windsor Castle. He went into a small, cold room at the top of the building. From there, he spoke on BBC radio to Britain and the world.
This is what he said:
"Tonight,for the first time, I can say a few words to you. Earlier today I gave the crown to my brother George. He is now your King. I will soon leave this country and travel to France. My heart is with Wallis and I cannot live without the woman I love. i don't know hwat will happen to me. Perhaps I will never see England again. But think of me tonight when I said across the sea.
God be with you. LONG LIve KING GEORGE! "
Then he left Windsor Castle and got into a large black car. Then he went to Wallis as quick as he can and they left France together.
They got married and lived happily together as Mr and Mrs. Duchess.
In May 1972 Edward got ill and died because of smoking and drinking.
It's a sad and a TRUE LOVE STORY of a KING, King Edward VIII who was just happy with his woman Wallis... :]
This book is touching and happy. -Jenny Lee-

No comments: