Monday, November 30, 2009

Theseus' Ending

On the way home, the ship put in at an island for supplies. Theseus sent Adriadne ashore to buy wine and bread. While she was gone, he tried thinking of ways to tell Adriadne that he didn't plan on marrying her.
When she hurried aboard, he told her what he had in mind for her. "I'm sorry Adriadne, but I don't think that I can marry you. I already planned on marrying someone else," Theseus mumbled. She said," That's fine. I only said that I was going to marry you because I didn't want to hurt your feelings."
Finally, they agreed to something. They decided that they would stay close friends, but marry other people. Before his men and company reached shore, Theseus raised a white sail to tell his father that he suceeded on his task.
When they reached home, King Aegeus was thrilled to let Adriadne stay forever. Though in the end, they did actually get married and live happily ever after with Theseus as King.

No comments: