Monday, November 30, 2009

Theseus and the minotaur (alternate ending) Kentaro

As Theseus walked through the winding corners of the labyrinth, Full of skeletons with bloody swords in their hands,He noticed a strange but familiar necklace on a skeleton. He remembered the wise words of his father about a similar looking necklace echoing through his head.'There is one type of necklace in all of Greece with Heart shaped diamonds and pearls on it, but in the middle is a there is a circle- surprisingly made of pearl and diamonds, one on each side. This type of necklace is only owned by the Kings of The countries, and is given once a decade to the person who promises to never turn back on their country- unless it the King Makes him..' Theseus then snapped out of his daydreaming- realising he was in the middle of slaying a huge bull man. Suddenly, a huge arm Rushed out of the darkness grabbing Theseus by the left arm, Then throwing him back, Smashing right through a huge corner of the labyrinth.The Minotaur slowly, step by step, walked out of the shadows. Theseus impatiently charged at the Minotaur sword to hand, fist to fist. Theseus, with his eyes Right at the Minotaur's Chest, Theseus noticed the very necklace that the Skeleton that he saw had. Theseus weakened his strength and surprisingly, so did the Minotaur. 'I see that you saw this necklace' Said the minotaur, putting his hands on his chest, raising his necklace'
' But How??' asked Theseus ' how did you get this neclace from the king when you're a huge feared scary Monster??'
'Translation- I was a scary huge feared monster' Said The Minotaur ' It was His Fault, All his Fault, That's why I'm a Monster!!!'
'Please Explain. I won't kill a beast with a reason to live' Theseus Requested.
'Very well. It all started the day i received the necklace. I was The youngest Son of King Minos, and I stood up at the end of the announcement, when he asked if there were any questions, and shouted that i would never turn back on my country, and it was then that the announcement was extended by 30 minutes. I received the necklace and then my life changed forever. King Minos was given an extremely important task from Posieidon, the sea god. i don't know what the task was but i know one thing-he didn't do it. he forgot about the task, and was punished- or should i say for some reason I was punished. Posieidon Targeted me as the victim to punish, and turned me into a Monster. King Minos always sent troops to try to kill me but i had no choice. I had to fight back. I kept on fighting and fighting and eventually i was sent to this very labyrinth. King Minos used me as a weapon, and ordered 7 men and 7 women from every country. that's where we are now.'
' I see.' said Theseus rather wisely 'So it wasn't your fault that you're in this monstrous form and you want revenge don't you?'
'Yes!' Roared The Minotaur 'But I can't find my way out. Especially in this kind of darkness'
'Well with your help and the string that Araidne Gave me, we'll be out in no time!' Cheered theseus ' in fact, you actually deserve to be King!'
'Thanks So much!" Cheered The Minotaur ' we'll put the rightful king on his throne!'
The two zoomed through the corridors of the labyrinth , following each trace of the string as they go. But then trouble struck. Ariadne saw the Minotaur and screamed and yelled ' He's Here ! The cursed minotaur has found his way out! Run!!!!' Theseus stopped the talk to Ariadne.
'Araidne, I just can't marry right now. I have other important matters to deal with. i just don't really want to be married to you. im sorry. Said Theseus deeply. Immediately after the short talk, they zoomed off to the Throne room, killing one guard per step. They both tore open the throne room door and before King Minos could turn around, a pair of horns were in his chest and a sword was in his neck. As he fell down, The Minotaur grabbed the crown from King Minos's Head.' I am now the king of crete!' he roared. But Theseus Had an idea, A better idea than putting The old king in a grave. Instead, he put eh dead king's body on the shore of the beach and watched how posiedeon punished him. It was not that much of a painful punishment nor was it a harmless one. A huge sacred phoenix picked him up and threw him into the sea, left there to drown. Theseus then remembered that the phoenix was not an ordinary one, but is belonged to Zeus. Theseus's ship sailed to shore to pick Theseus up, knowing that the Minotaur sent a signal flare for him. After waving good bye to each other, Theseus sailed back to his homeland, Throwing the black sail into the ocean, as a souvenir to the Minotaur. It sailed towards the land, as Theseus grew further and further away....



Kentaro Kawasaki 7N


3 comments:

毛貓大少爺 said...

Kentaro, I like your ending really much because it is HAPPY! I think you should try and write in paragraphs because it looks a bit weird with an excellent story bu without paragraphs. Just for your reference!

KentaroMaster said...

i really agree to that, Adam. In my Myth Essay, the real thing was 3 pages long but there were only 7 paragraphs! i should really improve on my paragraphing structure

KentaroMaster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.