Friday, October 30, 2009

The Magician's Nephew by C.S.Lewis

In this magical and hilarious story written by C.S.Lewis, two children- Digory and Polly found themselves stumbling on an adventure full of threats and magic through space and time into a completely different world to their own, when touching a magical ring, called the land of Narnia. Narnia is the dawn of the world (beginning of the world), where walking plants and talking beasts live a happy life. In Narnia, they met king Aslan- the king of the beasts. However, they soon found out, Narnia is under a terrible threat of the Queen, the only way they could help is to find the magic fruit, will they find the magic fruit and defeat the sinister Queen, or will they be captured and trapped in Narnia forever.............YOU can find that out by yourself.

This is the first book of the Narnia Chronicles, I think it is truly amazing how the author-C.S.Lewis wrote the book that let us keep wanting to read more and how he made up the land of Narnia. The adventures in this book are all so thrilling that I cannot put the book down! I think this book is very well-plotted, thrilling and fascinating. Therefore, I sincerely recommend you read this book, you will enjoy it!

2 comments:

Gabbages said...

For me this is the best in the Narnia series by far, but the ones after it are still very good :)

毛貓大少爺 said...

I agree with you, I like the first book the best, but I also like others. I don't really like the Third book.