Monday, September 28, 2009

The Haunting of Granite Falls by Eva Ibbotson

This is abolutely terrific! It is about an American millionaire called Hiram C. Hopgood bought an ancient Scottish Castle from Alex MacBuff to keep his lovely daughter happy, but what he doesn't know is that the ancient castle is filled with GHOSTS! There are Krok, a Viking warrior; Miss Spinks, un earthly governess; Stanislaus, an aging, toothless vampire; five year-old Flossie and, finally, Cyril, they have been haunting the Castle for years. How will Alex possibly stop the ghosts to haunt Hiram........ I will leave it for YOU to find out!

This book is absolutely terrific and excellent from the beginning! I especially LOVED the part when ghosts of Carra Castle helped Alex from Adolf the evil and bad-hearted woman. I really like Eva Ibbotson's books because they were all very heartwarming and always have fantastic endings. This book is filled with exciting events and it makes me want to hold my breath till the last word is read and the last page turned! I truly recommend this book to you, because you certainly cannot miss a wonderful adventure like this one!
P.S.This book could also be called "The Haunting if Hiram"!

No comments: