This book is about a girl named Tally who lived in London in 1939. She had to leave her beloved father and went to a boarding school in the countryside called the Delderton, due to the outbreak of Second World War. At first, Tally was very nervous and sad, but afterwards, she found out that the school was absolutely different from the other scary boarding schools that her cousins studied in and told her about; instead it was a warm and nice school. At that time, Bergania announced an international children’s folk-dancing festival which they welcomed school from different countries to attend it, Tally eagerly persuaded her school to attend because of a film that she watched about Bergania. During their visit to Bergania, they met the king and the prince of which his name is Karil. Karil is a lonely boy with no friends and he longed for some, so he was delighted when the Deldertonians and Tally came to this festival. The pupils in Delderton soon became friends with the prince and Tally was sorry for the prince when he said that he wanted to be free. When suddenly, Karil's father was assassinated, she was even more determined to help her friend so she began plotting a fabulous plan of sneaking the prince away from the kingdom, but they found that they faced the Nazis, will they be able to successfully rescue the prince or will he be stuck to this kingdom forever?I think this book is a fabulous and well-plotted story. I like Tally because she is kind and very intelligent and I also like Karil because he isn't greedy and he is kind-hearted. I think the events in this book are just like the lights on the Christmas Trees, when you didn't light it, you cannot see the connections, but when you light it all up, you can clearly see the connections between every event and also see how well-plotted it is. I sincerely recommend this book to you, I hope you enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment